Important Agent Documents
Small, Safe and an Excellent Climate
- Small school district with a low crime rate
- Some of the mildest weather in Canada (less rainfall than Greater Vancouver)
- Urban and rural living options
- Internally operated homestay program - 3 dedicated homestay coordinators and 1 manager
Diverse Academic and Sporting Opportunities
- Advanced Placement and IB Programs
- Focus courses in Global Education, Marine Studies, Outdoor Education, Performing Arts
- Sports Academies in Rowing, Lacrosse, Golf, Swimming, Sailing, Judo, Ice Hockey, and Rock Climbing
- English Language Learning classes available at every high school during the school day
Activity Program and Staff Support
- Monthly activities for international students including skiing, whale watching, the rocky mountains and more
- 20 dedicated staff members supporting your learning in clean, modern, technologically advanced schools
There is something for every student studying in Saanich. These community based facilities, associations, and groups will keep international students busy and entertained on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Saanich Commonwealth Place | A fantastic facility in Saanich, BC near Claremont High School. Swimming, diving, waterpolo, hot tub, waterslide, weight room. It is the national training center for Canadian Olympic divers and swimmers.
Panorama Recreation Centre | A fabulous facility near Sidney, BC near Stelly's and Parkland High School. Swimming, diving, hot tub, waterslide, skating, ice hockey, indoor and outdoor tennis, squash courts, weight room, and the jumpstart multi sport court including adjustable basketball courts, shaded double wide-benches and court lines for volleyball, pickelball, and badminton.